Ishtar-MSM exclusively runs the Ishtar Wellness Centre which provides the following services which mainly target men who have sex with other men (MSM) in Nairobi:
* HIV counseling and testing
* STI screening and Treatment
* Referrals to MSM friendly Care Centers
* Distribution of Lubricants and Condoms to MSM
* Safe sex workshops
* Open Forum discussions
* Peer Education and Counseling
* Outdoor activities
* Behavioral and structural interventions
Ishtar is looking for Community Mobilizers to engage young MSM(18-24yrs), MSM students from various colleges and Universities, Bi-men, Male sex workers, Gay men and MSM + in Nairobi and its environs to access the services above at the Wellness Centre. If you are a young MSM, Bi-man, Male sex worker, Gay man, MSM + and live in Nairobi or its environs and are;
* Kenyan and Dynamic
* Have basic knowledge of HIV
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Articulate and confident in presentation & lobbying.
* Able to work as part of a team
* Have a strong network e.g. Facebook/Twitter/Blogging/MSM social groups
* Willing and able to commit to this project
We invite applications from individuals who want to volunteer in mobilizing, giving health talks/education and activists with a passion to work within the community.
Attach a motivation letter and a 2 page Curriculum Vitae (CV) and send it ONLY to
before the 20th of March 2015. Short-listed applicants will be contacted. Conversing with Ishtar Staff will lead to immediate disqualification.
NB: This is a part-time voluntary position with minimum monthly stipend to facilitate